WELCOME TO RELIGIOUS EDUCATION! COME LEARN WITH US!
Welcome back, Tenth Grade Candidates!
We've missed you! We hope you have been staying safe and well. We know you are anxious to know about updates on your Confirmation. Here's what you need to know:
THIS INFORMATION IS ONLY FOR THOSE STUDENTS WHO HAVE TAKEN CONFIRMATION PREP CLASS WITH US ALREADY.
WE WILL ANNOUNCE YOUR CONFIRMATION CEREMONY DATE HERE: SATURDAY NOVEMER 6 AT 11AM
* You are required to write a "Reflection Paper" and it is due at your interview this summer.
* Your interview (Conversation with Clergy) will take place in person in June/July/August of 2021. SEPT. 1 IS THE LAST DATE YOU MAY INTERVIEW! Father Landback or one of our Deacons will speak with you. Your Reflection Paper and Community Service Project or Hours will be due at or before your interview so it may be discussed at that time.
* MAKING YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVIEW: YOU, not a parent, must call Mrs. Ruiz at 203-933-0044 after school lets out for the summer. She will help you to make the appointment. You must bring your Service Hours and Reflection Paper with you to the interview, or you will be sent home to retrieve them.
* Community Service Hours: We know for some of you who waited to perform your service hours, it is difficult to perform them now with all the restrictions and social distancing. You can perform community service this summer. Please document that and get signatures if possible. Twenty hours is your minimum, but we are prepared to be understanding.
INFORMATION ON OUR NEW COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM:
IF you did not complete at least 20 hours of documented Community Service with signatures of supervising adults, you may complete a modified program.
This is an 8 1/2 X 11 "poster" you create on your computer or by hand.
It details a service you render for others with the goal of being helpful and sincerely active in service to others. It has photo proof, explanation, your feelings on the project. There is no "hourly requirement" and you may elect to complete the project with another Candidate, but you must both turn in a "poster" for your file.
* All SAINT PAPERS & SPONSOR CERTIFICATES have been handed in.
* If you have moved, or if you or your parents have changed phone numbers or email addresses PLEASE let Mrs. Ruiz know today!
* If you have questions about ANYTHING, email Mrs. Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org
* There may be a rehearsal before Confirmation. (You will receive more information on this later.) The rehearsal is for you AND your Sponsor only.
* We will review the Dress Code for Confirmation via email and snail mail, but here's the snapshot:
LADIES: Dress, skirt and top, dressy top and dress pants or a suit. Skirt length is "no more than two inches above the knee". No bare shoulders, no bare backs or midriffs, no jeans, no shoes that flip or flop.
GENTLEMEN: Suit or sport coat and pants combo. Dress shirt, TIE, dress or school shoes. No jeans, no boots, no shoes that flip or flop.
If you are dressed inappropriately, you WILL be sent home to change. MODESTY is the word for that evening.
Your Sponsor is asked to wear modest business/church attire. No jeans please.