WELCOME TO RELIGIOUS EDUCATION! COME LEARN WITH US!
We hope you have been staying safe and well. We know you are anxious to know about updates on your Confirmation. Here's what you need to know:
WE WILL ANNOUNCE YOUR CONFIRMATION CEREMONY DETAILS HERE:
MASS ATTENDANCE IS A MANDATORY PART OF THE PROGRAM. IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND MASS, YOU WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED IN THE AUTUMN.
* You are required to write a "Reflection Paper" and it is due at your interview this summer.
* Your interview (Conversation with Clergy) will take place in person in June/July/August of 2022. SEPT. 1 IS THE LAST DATE YOU MAY INTERVIEW! Father or one of our Deacons will speak with you. Your Reflection Paper and Community Service Project or Hours will be due at or before your interview so it may be discussed at that time.
* MAKING YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVIEW: YOU, not a parent, must call Mrs. Ruiz at 203-933-0044 after school lets out for the summer. She will help you to make the appointment. You must bring your Service Hours and Reflection Paper with you to the interview, or you will be sent home to retrieve them. Your mass attendance will be reviewed.
* Community Service Hours: 20 hours minimum. Service must be out in the local community and benefit people in the community. Service may not be performed at home without permission from Mrs. Ruiz. Community Service should be documented on sheets of paper including all date, location, and details of service. Papers must be SIGNED BY A SUPERVISING ADULT, NOT YOUR PARENT. See Mrs. Ruiz with questions.
* All SAINT PAPERS & SPONSOR CERTIFICATES are due on or before March 28, 2022 at 5:30pm. No exceptions. Sponsor forms for a Sponsor who belongs to parish within the Archdiocese of Hartford only: here is the web address for the form:
***The form must be printed, filled out by the Sponsor, returned to Candidate so you can turn it in ASAP before March 28th. Sponsors from other dioceses must follow rules for their diocese and hand in certificate to Candidate so you can turn it in on time.
* If you have moved, or if you or your parents have changed phone numbers or email addresses PLEASE let Mrs. Ruiz know today!
* If you have questions about ANYTHING, email Mrs. Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org
* There may be a rehearsal before Confirmation. (You will receive more information on this later.) The rehearsal is for you AND your Sponsor only.
* We will review the Dress Code for Confirmation via email and snail mail, but here's the snapshot:
LADIES: Dress, skirt and top, dressy top and dress pants or a suit. Skirt length is "no more than two inches above the knee". No bare shoulders, no bare backs or midriffs, no jeans, no sneakers or shoes that flip or flop.
GENTLEMEN: Suit or sport coat and pants combo. Dress shirt, TIE, dress or school shoes. No jeans, no boots, no sneakers or shoes that flip or flop.
If you are dressed inappropriately, you WILL be sent home to change. MODESTY is the word for that evening.
Your Sponsor is asked to wear modest business/church attire. No jeans please.